The Super Bowl, aka your best yearly excuse to crush a six pack while you’re on a couch on a Sunday night, is just days away!
You already know the basics: The Atlanta Falcons and quarterback Matt Ryan will take on the New England Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady in a battle between North and South; veterans and Super Bowl neophytes.
For all the nitty gritty gameday details, consult the handy box below. For 51 completely random and mildly interesting facts you can use to annoy people at your Super Bowl gathering, just read on.
About the teams
1. The Patriots have won four Super Bowls, all of them with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick at the helm.
2. This is only Atlanta’s second trip to the Super Bowl, and they’ve never won.
3. The Patriots have been to the Super Bowl nine times, which is an NFL record.
4. They have won four times, which is not a record.
5. That belongs to the Pittsburgh Steelers, who have won six.