It is hard to accept, but a chicken wing shortage threatens Super Bowl 2013 parties everywhere, according to a Jan. 23 ABC News report via Yahoo News. The unusual chicken wing shortage has pushed the tasty tailgating food’s price to record highs.
In fact, the price of chicken wings is at an all time high of $2.11 a pound, according to The National Chicken Council. On Super BowlSunday, experts predict that people in the US will eat fewer chicken wings due to the shortage. Estimates are that 1.23 billion chicken wings will be consumed, which is 1 percent fewer than last year’s Super Bowl Sunday chicken wing consumption.
Will the rising prices of chicken wings cause any problems with your Super Bowl Sunday party plans or recipes? If so, what would you serve instead? Of course there are other recipes for big game day parties, but chicken wings are certainly a huge part of the menu in most places. If you are going to serve them at your party, you should probably pick some up soon.
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of TheExaminer.com/USAToday.com
- Food For The Soul Recipe: “Steamed Wild Stripped Bass With Ginger,Scallions Recipe”
- A New Christian Reality Show Focusing On Abortions!
- Fewer Chicken Wings Available For Super Bowl
- “WOW GOSPEL 2013″ Hits Stores January 2013
- Discussion: King Had A Dream, Obama Has A Dream, Do You Have A Dream?