Cumin, lime and avocado join the bold flavors of Pace® for dressing a T-Bone done south-of-the-border style.
- 1 1/2 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 beef T-bone steak (about 8 ounces each), 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 large avocado , peeled, pitted and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Stir 1 cup of the salsa and 2 teaspoons of the cumin in a 3-quart shallow, nonmetallic dish or gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add the steaks and turn them over to coat with the marinade. Cover the dish or seal the plastic bag and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning the steaks over a few times while they’re marinating.
- Stir the remaining salsa and cumin, lime juice, cilantro, beans and avocado in a 2-quart bowl and set it aside.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Remove the steaks from the marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill the steaks for 12 minutes for medium-rare* or to desired doneness, turning the steak over halfway through grilling. Serve the steaks with the salsa mixture.
- Tip: *The internal temperature of the meat should reach 145°F.
article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com